4 cups of French bread, diced
1 cup raisins
3 cups of milk
1 1/2 tspn pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup of sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a 9 inch by 13 inch baking pan, sprinkle 1/3 of the raisins across the bottom of pan.
- Cover the raisins with 1/3 of the diced french bread.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2, until all of the bread and raisins are used.
- In a bowl, lightly beat the eggs.
- Add the milk, vanilla, and the sugar. Mix until all of the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour the mixture evenly over the bread and raisins.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve warm with ice cream.