tube or bundt pan
1 2/3 cup sugar
2 2/3 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tspn salt
2 tspn baking powder
12 oz. unsalted butter, at room temp.
3 tbsp. Kahlua
2 tbsp whole milk
2 tbsp Kahlua
6 oz. bittersweet chocolate, melted
1/2 tspn baking soda
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1 tbsp dark corn syrup
2 tspn vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a tube or bundt pan.
- In a large bowl or mixer, mix together the flour, baking powder, sugar, ans salt.
- Add butter to the mixture and mix until the ingredients form a paste.
- Mix the eggs and the Kahlua together.
- Slowly mix the egg and Kahlua mixture in with the main batter paste.
- In a separate mixing bowl, construct the chocolate batter by combining the milk, Kahlua, and baking soda. Add the melted chocolate to the mixture and whisk thoroughly.
- Add 2 cups of the main batter to the chocolate mixture and mix until the two have completely combined.
- Pour half of the remaining main batter to the bundt pan and smooth the batter so that it is evenly distributed.
- Pour the chocolate batter evenly over the first layer of main batter.
- Pour the remaining batter evenly over the chocolate layer.
- Using a table knife, insert the blade into the batter. Move the blade up and down in a spiral motion as you make your way around the cake. Stop when you reach the point at which you started.
- Bake the cake until it is firm ~ about 1 hour.
- Remove cake from over and let cool for 5 minutes. Turn cake out onto a cooling rack.
- Make the chocolate glaze by heating the whipping cream to a boil. Add the chocolate chips, vanilla, and corn syrup. Whisk ingredients together. Remove from heat and let the mixture thicken.
- Drizzle chocolate glaze over the cake.