3 pound beef brisket
1 1/2 cups of your favorite rub. I used this Basic BBQ Rub
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 cup beef stock
1 tspn liquid smoke
- Apply the rub to the brisket. Wrap the brisket in aluminum foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, the beef stock, and the liquid smoke to the slow cooker. Remove the brisket from the aluminum foil and place it in the slow cooker. Try to keep as much of the rub on the brisket as possible.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for 8 to 9 hours, until fork tender.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the brisket from the slow cooker and place on a baking sheet. Pour 3 tablespoons of the mixture left in the slow cooker over the brisket.
- Place brisket in the oven and bake for 30 minutes to add a nice bark to the brisket.
- Remove from the oven and serve with Carolina Style BBQ sauce.