1/4 cup unsalted butter + additional for greasing pan
3/4 cup raisins
1/2 cup pineapple juice
2 tspn pure vanilla extract
Bob's Red Mill brand)
1 cup 10 grain cereal (Bob's Red Mill for this too)
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup flax seeds
1/2 tspn kosher salt
1/2 cup honey
Vermont Nut Free brand)
- Soak raisins in the pineapple juice and vanilla extract for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease an 8 x 8 pan with butter.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, cereal, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add the eggs and honey to the raisin and pineapple juice mixture.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt the 1/4 cup unsalted butter and then add the oat, seed, and cereal mixture. Toast the oats, cereal, and seeds for about 4 minutes.
- Add the toasted oat, cereal, and seed mixture back to the large mixing bowl. Mix in the egg, honey, and raisin mixture along with the dark chocolate chips. Mix until all of the ingredients are well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the 8 x 8 pan and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove pan from the oven and let cool.
- Cut into bars and store in a covered container in the refrigerator.
United States [ print this recipe for Homemade Power Bars ]