4 large apples
5 tspn sugar
3 tspn cinnamon
3 cups flour
3 tspn baking powder
1/2 tspn salt
1 cup vegetable oil
2 1/2 cups sugar
2 1/2 tspn vanilla
1/4 cup orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peal and slice apples. Add sugar and cinnamon.
- Make batter, add dry sifted ingredients. Mix well with wooden spoon.
- Grease tube pan. Arrange batter and apples in layers, ending with batter.
- Bake for 1 1/4 hours until knife comes out clean.
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter with the brown sugar.
- After the butter has melted, slowly mix in the heavy whipping cream.
- Drizzle over slices of the cake.
- Keep refrigerated.