Olio Verde is a simple Italian appetizer that you can prepare in 5 minutes. Serve it with pieces of warm Italian or French bread.
3 cloves garlic, diced
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tspn red pepper flakes
4 sprigs of parsley, finely chopped
3 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
3 tspn sugar
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 loaf of Italian or French bread
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and heat it in the oil for about 5 minutes.
- Add parsley, basil and red pepper flakes and stir.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add balsamic vinegar and stir.
- Add sugar and stir the mixture until all of the sugar is dissolved.
- Serve with warm, sliced Italian or French bread.