Fruit pancakes are a great choice for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. The key is to use the freshest fruit possible. As such, I usually make these more in the summer and fall as you have many great choices for toppings during these seasons.
1 cup flour, sifted
1/3 cup sugar
1 tspn baking powder
1 tspn salt
2 tspn cinnamon
1/2 cup milk
1 tspn canola oil
2 tspn vanilla
+ fruit of your choice (apples, blueberries, kiwi, banana all work well)
- Sift the dry ingredients.
- Mix eggs, oil, milk, and vanilla together in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in the dry ingredients.
- Prep your fruit. Whatever fruit that you decide to use, try to slice it as thin as you can. Small berries can be put onto the pancake whole.
- Heat skillet over medium heat.
- Pour a little less than 1/4 cup batter onto the skillet.
- When bubbles start to form in the batter, add a pieces of fruit to cover the pancake.
- Flip and cook the other side (about another 2 - 3 minutes).
- Top with confection sugar, fresh fruit, or both.
Increase metabolism with breakfast