Note: This recipe uses Polish kielbasas because the German version of this sausage may be difficult to find in your average grocery store.
1 16oz. Polska kielbasa, cut into 4 inch pieces
2 large potatoes, pealed and cut into 2 inch pieces
3 medium carrots, cut in half lengthwise
2 ribs celery, diced
2 medium onions, diced
1 tspn kosher salt
fresh ground black pepper
3/4 tbsp beef bullion
3 cups water
- Add all of the ingredients to a large pot or Dutch oven. Heat ingredients over medium-low heat for about three hours.
- If water starts to boil, reduce heat to low.
- After potatoes and carrots can become tender, remove the kielbasas and set aside.
- With a potato masher, mash all of the vegetables together in the pot until they are well combined.
- Add the kielbasas back to the pot.
- Continue to simmer over low heat until most of the remaining water has been reduced.
- Serve with hot, spicy or Dijon mustard on the side.
Cono Sur Gewürztraminer
Germany [ print this recipe for the German Dish ]