1 cup "Squid" brand fish sauce (see photo below)
2 cups water
1/2 cup vinegar
1 cup sugar
3 cloves garlic, diced
6-8 pickled leeks or scallions, chopped
- In a medium sized saucepan, mix together the fish sauce, water, vinegar, and sugar.
- Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Lightly boil the mixture for about ten minutes, skimming off and discarding any bubbles as it cooks.
- Let cool and then pour into a jar and refrigerate. It will last for about 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
- When you are ready to use this sauce, add the garlic and leeks (or scallions) and serve with egg rolls.