2 tbsp. olive oil
6 scallions, chopped
1/4 cup finely chopped celery
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup chopped tomatoes
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
3 tbsp. Madeira wine
1 tbsp. chopped fresh basil or 1 tspn dried basil
1/2 tbsp. chopped fresh tarragon or 1/2 tspn. dried tarragon
1/8 tspn. freshly ground black pepper
1 cup sliced zucchini
1 1/2 pounds haddock, cut into 2-inch pieces
1/4 cup sliced, pitted black olives
1 1/2 cups cooked rice
3 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, warm the oil and sauté the scallions, celery, mushrooms, and garlic for 3 minutes, stirring constantly so that the garlic doesn't turn brown.
- Add the tomatoes, lemon juice, wine, basil, tarragon, and pepper.
- Bring the liquid to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the fish, cover the pan, and continue cooking until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the black olives.
- Serve over rice, garnished with chopped parsley.
Recipe courtesy of The Old Farmer's Almanac Garden-Fresh Cookbook.