4 red bell peppers, halved and seeded
1/3 cup olive oil
3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
6 large basil leaves, thinly sliced crosswise
4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced lengthwise
2 oz creamy goat cheese, cut into 4 slices
1 tbsp Moroccan Cinnamon Spice Blend
- Place bell pepper halves cut side down on a baking sheet. Broil in preheated oven on top rack directly under heat, turning pan often, for 5 to 8 minutes, until skin is evenly charred.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, basil and garlic. Set aside.
- Remove blackened peppers from oven. Set baking sheet on a cooling rack and cover peppers with a clean towel. Let cool. Remove the charred skins from the peppers. They should slip off easily when rubbed. Slice pepper halves into 1/2 inch (1 cm) wide strips and place in bowl with oil mixture. Toss pepper slices to coat evenly. Cover dish tightly with plastic wrap and marinate for at least 2 hours at room temperature or for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
- Tip roasted peppers into the bottom of a small tagine. Heat over low heat until bubbling.
- Place cheese slices on top of the peppers. Cover with tagine lid and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle spice blend over cheese and serve warm.
Recipe courtesy of 150 Best Tagine Recipes by Pat Crocker
Morocco [ print this recipe ]