2 units of yellow dough
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter
2 tbsp shortening
1/8 tspn salt
1/2 tbsp water
1 tbsp honey
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tspn cinnamon
2 tbsp butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tspn vanilla
1 tbsp milk
- If you do not have any yellow dough on hand, prepare it now.
- Grease the bundt pan.
- Using a mixer, cream together the brown sugar, unsalted butter, shortening, salt, water, and honey. Spread this mixture evenly in the bottom of the bundt pan.
- Divide the yellow dough evenly into eight to ten round balls.
- In one small bowl, mix together the vegetable oil and melted unsalted butter. In another small bowl, mix together the granulated sugar and cinnamon. Place a cooling rack on top of a baking pan.
- Take each ball of dough, roll it in the butter and oil mixture, and then place it on the cooling rack for 10 seconds to drain. Roll the ball in the sugar and cinnamon mixture and place it into the pan. Repeat this process for each of the balls of dough.
- Place the bundt pan in a warm place to proof for about an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake the cake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, whisk together all of the glaze ingredients. When the ingredients are well combined and the glaze has thickened, drizzle over the bundt cake and serve.
Hungary [ print this recipe for Hungarian Bundt Cake ]