tube or bundt pan
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cups butter (softened)
1 1/2 tspn vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tspn baking powder
1 1/2 tspn baking soda
3/4 tspn salt
1 1/2 cups sour cream
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 1/2 tspn cinnamon
1/4 cup butter
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tspn vanilla
1 - 2 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a tube or bundt pan.
- Beat eggs, sugar, butter, sour cream, and vanilla together.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together.
- Mix the mixture from step #4 in with the mixture from step #3.
- In a separate bowl construct the filling. Mix together the brown sugar, pecans, and cinnamon.
- Pour a third of the batter into the tube pan. Top this with a third of the filling.
- Repeat step #7 two more times.
- Bake for one hour and then remove from oven and let cool.
- Construct the glaze by combining the butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk in a sauce pan. Stir these ingredients over medium-low heat until they form a white, clear glaze.
- Drizzle over cake.
- Optional: Top with additional chopped pecans.
Germany [ print this recipe for German Coffee Cake ]