Olive oil for the pan
Pizza dough (this recipe makes 4 crusts. You will need 2 for this recipe)
1 cup your favorite pizza sauce
4 tbsp freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
8 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into thin rounds, or use shredded processed mozzarella
2/3 cup coarsely chopped artichoke hearts, patted dry with paper towel
2/3 cup pitted and coarsely chopped black olives
1 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
2 oz. paper-thin slices of prosciutto
- Prepare an outdoor grill for direct cooking over medium heat (350 degrees Fahrenheit). Lightly oil a 14-inch perforated pizza pan.
- Place the pizza dough on the pan and grill, with the lid closed as much as possible, until the underside is heated, about 1 minute. Flip the dough on the pan and heat the opposite side, about 1 to 2 minutes longer. Flip again and spread about 1/2 cup of pizza sauce on th dough. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of Parmigiano-Reggiano, followed by half of the mozzarella.
- Visually separate the pizza dough into quarters. Using half of the artichoke hearts, olives, mushrooms, and proscuitto, arrange each ingredient in its own quadrant on the pizza dough.
- Close the grill and continue cooking until the mozzarella has melted, about 2 to 3 minutes. Using the pizza pan or a rimless cookie sheet, remove the pizza from the grill and transfer to a serving platter or chopping board. Let stand for a few minutes. Slice and serve.
- Repeat steps 2 through 4 to make the second pizza.
Recipe courtesy of Rao's on the Grill by Frank Pellegrino, Jr.
Italy [ print this recipe for Four Seasons Pizza ]