I learned how to make the Oregon Breakfast Bake when I was going to graduate school at Oregon State. Since then I've made this dish countless times because it is another easy and quick recipe. This recipe for Oregon Breakfast Bake serves about 6 people. However, if you don't go through it all in one sitting, it still tastes great the following day if you keep it refrigerated.
1/2 loaf of French bread
1/4 pound Swiss cheese, grated
1/4 pound Monterrey Jack cheese, grated
3 tbsp butter
1 1/2 cups milk
1/4 cup dry white wine
3 green onions, diced
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1/4 tspn pepper
6 - 8 slices Genoa salami
3/4 cup sour cream
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- Lightly oil a baking dish.
- Cut French bread into small pieces and spread evenly across the bottom of the dish.
- Drizzle melted butter over the bread.
- Cover the bread with the Swiss and Monterrey Jack cheese.
- In a bowl, mix the eggs, milk, wine, green onions, Dijon mustard, and pepper.
- Pour mixture over the cheese in the baking dish.
- Top with the slices of salami.
- Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven at 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put baking dish in oven and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove foil and cover the top with sour cream and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes (without the foil).
- Let cool for about 5 minutes then serve.