2 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp butter
1 yellow onion, diced
1 rib celery, diced
1 carrot, quartered and finely diced
3/4 pound ground beef
1 8oz. can tomato paste
1/2 cup white wine
salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil and butter over medium heat.
- Add the celery, onion, carrot, and ground beef.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- After the beef is brown and the onions are clear and translucent in color, add the tomato paste and white wine.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 1 1/2 hours. If sauce gets too thick during this time, add a small amount of water.