Brigadeiro is a famous Brazilian dessert that is often served at birthday parties. I was first introduced to Brigadeiro by 3 Brazilian exchange students that came to visit me in Chicago. While I was at work, they went to the convenient store on the corner and bought all of the ingredients that they needed to make this dish. If you like the taste of chocolate and caramel, you will love Brigadeiro.
14 oz. can condensed milk
1 tbsp butter
3 tbsp cocoa powder
confection sugar or chocolate sprinkles
- In a saucepan over medium heat, stir together condensed milk, butter, and cocoa.
- Keep stirring until bottom of the pan is visible. This usually takes about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Pour onto a small greased pan or bowl and then refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- Remove the mixture from the refrigerator and oil your hands with olive oil or butter and then roll the mixture into small balls.
- Roll each ball in a bowl of chocolate sprinkles or confection sugar and then place it on a plate or in a paper wrapper.