If you're tired of grilling hamburgers and brats, try Cajun New York Strip Steaks at your next cookout. Cajun Style New Yorks are rich in flavor with just the right amount of spice. This marinade for Cajun Style New York Strip Steaks also works well with ribeye and porterhouse steaks.
2 - 4 New York strip steaks
1 tbsp sea salt
1 1/2 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp black pepper
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp oregano leaves, chopped
1 tbsp thyme leaves, chopped
1 tbsp cayenne pepper
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 cup canola oil
- In a container large enough to hold all of the steaks, combine all of the ingredients.
- Let steaks marinade in the refrigerator overnight.
- Light grill. Place cast iron skillet on grill.
- When grill is hot enough for a drop of water to sizzle, put steaks on the grill.
- Cook steaks for about 8 to 9 minutes on one side.
- Flip steaks and cook for another 8 to 9 minutes.
- Remove and let steaks rest for about 8 minutes. Do not cut into the steak to check how much it has cooked.
- Serve hot.