The Buffalo chicken takes about 6 hours in a slow cooker, so you can make the pizza dough the night before and load up the slow cooker before work. When you arrive home, you can have these pizzas served up within 30 minutes.
Neapolitan Pizza Dough
2 tbsp un-salted butter
3 chicken breasts
1 bottle of your favorite wing sauce. I used Kroger brand.
1/2 package of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing powder.
1/2 red onion
blue cheese dressing
1 rib of celery, diced
mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Place the butter, chicken, Hidden Valley Ranch dressing powder, and 1/2 bottle of the wing sauce in the slow cooker. Cook on medium for 6 hours.
- Shred the chicken and add a little more of the wing sauce to the chicken, about 2 tbsp.
- Place pizza stone in the oven and preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Next, use one of your Neapolitan pizza doughs and form a thin oval crust.
- Cover it with a thin layer of mozzarella cheese.
- Cover the cheese with a layer of the Buffalo chicken.
- Garnish with sliced red onions.
- Slide pizza onto the pizza stone in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove pizza and garnish with diced celery and blue cheese dressing.
Chicago Style Pizza