1 pound white fish (cod, haddock)
1 1/2 cups pancake mix
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tbsp onion powder
1/2 tbsp Lawry's seasoned salt
kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Add the flour to a large bowl.
- Wash fish and pat with a paper towel to remove excessive water. Fillets should still be slightly moist.
- Lightly season fish fillets with salt and pepper.
- In another bowl, add the pancake mix and add enough club soda so that the mixture has the consistency of a thick milk shake. Use a whisk to create air bubbles in the batter.
- Whisk in the onion powder and the seasoned salt to the wet batter.
- Dip the fish fillets lightly in the flour.
- Dip the floured fish fillets into the batter so that all of the fillet is coated.
- Drop fillet into the fryer at 360 degrees Fahrenheit for 6 minutes. You will want to only cook 2 to 3 fillets at a time.
- Fillets should not be touching one another when frying.
- Remove fillet from fryer and allow to dry on a baking sheet covered with paper towels.
- Keep in oven on warm until all fillets have been cooked.