3 Idaho potatoes (try get long potatoes)
2 quarts of peanut oil (because of allergy concerns)
- Add ice water to a large bowl.
- Peel the potatoes. Cut them lengthwise into 1/2 inch thick, square shaped sticks.
- Add the cut fries to the cold water and let them soak for at least an hour to remove the starch.
- Rinse the fries in cold water.
- Heat oil in the deep fryer to 280 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook the fries in batches for 7 minutes. Do not try to cook too many fries at one time.
- After the fries have cooked, remove them from the oil and set them on a baking sheet that is lined with paper towels.
- Cook all of the fries this way first.
- Next, increase the heat of the oil to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook the fries again for 2 to 3 minutes until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Drop the fries into a large bowl. Lightly salt them.
- Cover with a towel and shake the fries to coat them with the salt.
- Serve them hot.