1 cup water
3/4 tbsp sugar
1/8 tspn ground cardamom
1 tbsp finely ground coffee
- In an ibrik or a small saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add the coffee and the cardamom.
- Return the ibrik to the heat and allow coffee to come to a boil once again.
- When the coffee begins to foam, remove from the heat.
- Repeat steps #3 and #4 again and then pour the coffee into cups and allow it to sit for a minute or two to allow the coffee grounds to settle at the bottom of the cup. This coffee is very strong and sweet so servings should be smaller than a regular cup of coffee.