1 tspn baking powder
1/2 tspn Kosher salt
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup water
1 cup sugar
4 tspn vanilla extract
3 cups heavy whipping cream
1 12oz. can evaporated milk
1 14oz. can sweetened condensed milk
2 tbsp sugar
your choice of fresh fruit for topping (I used fresh strawberries)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9 X 3 spring-form pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the baking powder, salt, and flour.
- In another mixing bowl, using a mixer beat the eggs and the sugar together at high speed for 5 minutes. Reduce the speed to low and mix in the water and vanilla extract.
- Slowly mix in the flour mixture into the egg mixture. Scrape the sides of the mixing bowl of any flour so that all of the ingredients are well combined.
- Pour the cake batter into the spring-form pan. Put the pan in the oven and bake for 35 minutes or until done. If you can insert a fork into the cake and it comes out clean, the cake is done.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Transfer the cake to a dish that has raised edges - I used a Pyrex pie dish.
- After the cake has cooled completely, use a serrated knife to cut off the top crust of the cake so that the cake will be able to easily soak up the milk mixture that we will prepare next.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the condensed milk, evaporated milk, 1 cup of the heavy whipping cream, and 2 teaspoons of the vanilla extract.
- Using a fork, poke holes into the top of the cake.
- Slowly spoon the milk mixture over the top of the cake allowing the cake to absorb it.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Serve with fresh whipped cream and your choice of fresh fruit.