1 tbsp olive oil
1 large handful of fresh green beans
1 1/2 cups basmati rice
3 cloves garlic, diced
1 yellow onion, diced
1 cube of vegetable bouillon
1 tspn curry powder
4 cups of water
- Using a steamer, steam the green beans so that they are tender but still crisp, about 5 - 7 minutes. Set aside for later.
- In a small saucepan, heat 1/2 cup of water over medium heat. When the water is warm, add the vegetable bouillon cube and dissolve. Remove from heat.
- In a large pot, add the olive oil and heat over medium heat.
- Add the onions, curry powder, and garlic. Cook for a few minutes until the onions become clear and translucent.
- Stir in the basmati rice, the vegetable bouillon, and another 3 1/2 cups of water.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat to low and cover the pot.
- Cook for 30 to 40 minutes without removing the pot's lid.
- Pour the rice into a serving bowl and mix with the green beans.