Makes 6 - 7 small jars
6 cups chopped strawberries
1 1/2 boxes pectin
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 cups honey
See Canning 101
- Wash and sterilize six small jelly jars.
- Mash the berries. Add the pectin, place in a large saucepan, and bring to a rolling boil.
- Stir and boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and add honey and lemon juice. Bring to
- a boil again and continue to boil for 5 minutes, stirring continually.
- Using oven mits, ladle the mixture into hot jars.
- Put lids on jars and immerse in hot water bath for 8 minutes.
- Place on a counter and allow to cool thoroughly.
Recipe courtesy of Laura C. Martin from her Green Market Baking Book [review]