1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup stone-ground whole wheat flour
1 tspn baking powder (non-aluminum)
1/2 tspn baking soda
1/4 tspn ground cinnamon
1/2 tspn salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) cold butter, cut into slices
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tspn vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and butter. Mix until the dough resembles coarse meal.
- Mix together the honey, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Blend in with the dry ingredients and mix until you can form a ball.
- Place the ball between the two sheets of parchment paper and gently roll it out to about 1/2 inch thick. Place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to chill.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Divide the dough into two pieces. Take one piece, put it between two pieces of parchment paper and roll out to 1/8 inch thick, being careful to roll it evenly.
- Cut the rolled dough into 2 inch squares or cut with cookie cutters. If you want them to look like store-bought graham crackers, prick with a fork. Transfer to a greased cookie sheet (or line with parchment paper).
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until firm. Serve at room temperature.