HOME ABOUT REVIEWS INTERVIEWS SUBSCRIBE CONTACT FACEBOOK TWITTER

Review: Sonic Chicago Hot Dog

SonicLast weekend, I had the opportunity to try the new Chicago Dog at Sonic. I love Sonic and the whole retro drive-in concept. They have an amazing drink selection and their hamburgers are outstanding. However, I have to admit that I was disappointed with their take on Chicago's most famous dish, the Chicago Style Hot Dog. Most of the key players were there: the poppy seed bun, tomatoes, sport peppers, celery salt, etc. But they took a serious short cut on the most important ingredient - the HOT DOG!! As any Chicagoan knows, you cannot have a Chicago Dog without a genuine Vienna Beef hot dog. The hot dog from Sonic tasted like one that had a first name spelled O-S-C-A-R if you know what I'm saying. To make matters worse, the roller girl that delivered my order asked me if I wanted ketchup for my hot dog - a definite No-No in Chicago-land. In short, I was hoping that my visit to Sonic would transport me back to the Windy City. Instead I ended up in Naperville!

PS: I'm curious as to what the denizens of the Empire State think of Sonic's New York Dog. If there are any New Yorkers out there, feel free to respond.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...